During xiaopengs I have some pain in the shoulder right at the top as I turn the arm. Does anyone know what causes this and what to do about it?
Thanks.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by The Hansenator, July 2, 2014 · 5 Replies · 214 Views
During xiaopengs I have some pain in the shoulder right at the top as I turn the arm. Does anyone know what causes this and what to do about it?
Thanks.
Has anyone else ever experienced this?
If you use a lighter weight do you still get pain?
Try and keep the motion very smooth and controlled. You can always post a video so we can give feedback if you're doing anything wrong.
The weight doesn't seem to make much difference. Even without a weight I feel it. It's right as the arm rotates.
I had a similar problem in my left shoulder, I found it was due to my shoulder not rotating properly before coming down. I just made sure to emphasise the rotation before bringing the weight down. Hope that helps ![]()
In my case, it's the rotating of the shoulder where I feel it before the arm starts to come down. It feels like some kind of impingement but I don't know for sure that's what it is.
I feel the same thing during windmills. I was hoping it would go away after a while but it hasn't. Windmills never bothered me when I was younger...