This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New member - background : Lifting!

Started by Dwellengers, July 2, 2014 · 6 Replies · 305 Views

Dwellengers

Hi everbody - new member here.

 

I´m a weightlifter interested in broaden my training horizon within strength, balance and skill. I´m 30 years old, 90 kg and 176 cm.

 

Im hoping to follow foundation one and see how it affects my normal training. In the future I hope to achieve a nice solid free standing handstand. That and just pursue awesome baseline strength within Squat, Press, Snatch, Clean and Jerk, Deadlift, Chins, Dips ect. :)

 

 

 

 

 

Alexander Egebak
Dwellengers said:

Hi everbody - new member here.

 

I´m a weightlifter interested in broaden my training horizon within strength, balance and skill. I´m 30 years old, 90 kg and 176 cm.

 

Im hoping to follow foundation one and see how it affects my normal training. In the future I hope to achieve a nice solid free standing handstand. That and just pursue awesome baseline strength within Squat, Press, Snatch, Clean and Jerk, Deadlift, Chins, Dips ect. :)

Sounds good. However handstand is not achieved in foundation, it is achieved in Handstand 1 course.

Ravn

Great to have another Dane on the forum, welcome!

Dwellengers

Thanks guys.

I know its another program. I will focus on F1 first.

Dwellengers

Scrolled through F1 and tried some stuff. My core strength is absolutely horrid (i knew that already though)!

Concerning mastery of the progressions : should you always master an element before moving forward? Ex. Bent leg hollow body mastery of 5x60 sek before moving on to bent leg hollow rock? Today i tried bHBH for 4x60 sek an failed the ladt 60 sek. Thanks.

BeanLion

Yes you need to master the strength and matching mobility exercise before moving on

Samson

Those early progressions make a huge difference if you stick them out. It took me longer than I would like to admit before I got that through my head!