The first GB Seminar

Started by Brandon, May 28, 2009 · 13 Replies · 3,560 Views

Brandon

I'm really surprised there aren't any threads on the first seminar. Maybe I just haven't found them. How did it go?!? I saw 20 or so people in the picture on the homepage, so there must be some people who can give a little bit of insight on how badly I missed out :)

Gregor

+1

Razz

+2!!!!!

Coach Sommer

Gentlemen,

I will write something up this week, as well as ask the attendees to share some of their thoughts. Between National Championships and then the Seminar, I have needed to spend this last week catching up on paperwork :|.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Razz

Sounds very cool, I wasn't expecting it from you though since you are such a busy man :P

Brandon

I talked to Robb Wolf yesterday and he talked to the guy who had a straddle planche competition with Ido Portal at the seminar and that guy said the seminar was great. The best info I could find so far :)

Chris Hobbs

The best summary for those that didn't attend would probably be something as simple as: be sure to make the next one. The best part from my perspective was the peek into the future material (active flexibility, joint prehab). While I appreciate the focus on maximal strength at this level I also believe myself to be lagging in those two areas specifically and so the introduction to that material was very beneficial.

I spent the last week both recovering and assimilating what we covered to try and work it into a routine for both my wife and I. Lots of testing various aspects and getting to know where we both stood for the new aspects.

Great seminar with a lot of info that will be some time before I can use it all. :)

- Chris

sasquatch

The straddle planche competition sounds interesting, who won? To bad there's no video of the seminar.

Ortprod

I am sorry for not looking around or starting threads on the seminar myself! I have been playing catchup since I got back.

All in all, the seminar was WELL WORTH IT. Being able to pick Coach Sommer, Ido and Jeff's brains on my current level was priceless.

Also, I have that straddle planche head butt competition video... I should probably upload it. :P

gymrob

Ortprod,

I'm glad you had a good time it sounds very cool! I am jealous. :)

Please may you upload that video. I would love to see it!

Thanks.

Rob.

sasquatch

I would like to see it, also. :D

Were any of Coach Sommers athletes there?

Ortprod
sasquatch said:
I would like to see it, also. :D

Were any of Coach Sommers athletes there?

Nobody you would recognize in the books, but Ido and Jeff were there. Here's a couple of clips of them playin' around:

HkHzRaBTEq8

Edward Smith

Is Jeff Coach Sommer's assistant?

Brandon

That's a pretty cool video. Did anyone else there take videos?