I remember this girl from 1996 when she was absolutely incredible. Surely one of the greatest gymnasts of all time?
Anybody know what she does now?
Started by Matthew Green, March 3, 2008 · 4 Replies · 8,211 Views
I remember this girl from 1996 when she was absolutely incredible. Surely one of the greatest gymnasts of all time?
Anybody know what she does now?
There's some fairly current stuff on Wikipedia. Scroll down to "Life after gymnastics".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilia_Podkopayeva
Paul.
Yeah, definitely one of the the greatest. She was just inducted into the International Gymnastics Hall of Fame.
http://www.intlgymnast.com/news/2008/fe ... ighof.html
I love watching that floor routine, the dance is wonderful.
Beautiful double front. I have two athletes who compete double front on floor, but hers was immaculate.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
She is awesome. Never mind her double front.
She is like Vitaly Sherbo, clean, and technical, Love those two athletes.
Not to mention her POWER.
Check out her 96 Olympic Compulsory floor routine (let me save you the time