This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unanswered programming questions?

Started by Ian Barth, June 30, 2014 · 3 Replies · 254 Views

Ian Barth

New member here. I noticed a few programming details not addressed in the FAQ threads:

 

1. When the strength element is mastered but the iM--due to ROM--is not: Should the next cycle for that strength element begin at week 9? Or week 5? Or just keep doing the mastery requirement sets every week in-between deloads until the iM ROM is met?

 

2. Does mastery necessarily need to be demonstrated within that day's progression of exercises? For instance, RC skills are done last in four day per week schedule. What if I can't demonstrate mastery after doing the other three skills, but I can if I do the RC skill first?

 

Thanks

dritar

1. You can do any of either alternatives, but the preferred one is to repeat the 4 week starting at week 9 till your mobility catches up.

 

2. I don't know if there's an official stance regarding this, but if I were you I would not consider it mastery. You're probably very close, so I'm betting it's just one more cycle or two to get mastery on RC regardless of what you do before it. 

meras
Octobag said:

 

2. Does mastery necessarily need to be demonstrated within that day's progression of exercises? For instance, RC skills are done last in four day per week schedule. What if I can't demonstrate mastery after doing the other three skills, but I can if I do the RC skill first?

 

I don't know the answer to that. But it has been mention the split is arbitrary so you could put RC to another day. But consider also that foundation is meant to build up your work capacity, that is your meta-mastery. After foundation, all the mastery elements are used as warm up for more advanced training, such as rings.

Jon Douglas

While this is my personal opinion, I consider that if demonstrating mastery requires certain circumstances, arrangements or phases of the moon/stars, you probably need to a) warm up more appropriately or b) spend a little more time with the element :)