This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

stall bars

Started by PrimalMove, June 29, 2014 · 10 Replies · 265 Views

PrimalMove

How far can one get in foundation without stall bars? I think that's what they are called.

MT Nordic

With a little creativity you could probably get through most of it.  Ladders at the park substitute well. or put some bars or bands behind a pull up bar on a power rack.  It is nice to have stall bars, though.  I made mine in 3 hours for less than $100.  They're not only good for the foundation work, but also for lots of different mobility work, including a starring role in the mobility for H2.

meras

up to MN/PE5>iM. Just can't think of a substitute for it in that situation.

Murray Truelove

I don't have stall bars either, going to see how far I can get. So far I've been able to come up with solutions, any that absolutely have to have stall bars I'll just have to skip.

PrimalMove

That kinda stinks. I don't have a gym membership or anything other than rafters to hang rings from. I guess I'll figure something out.

Alan Tseng
meras said:

up to MN/PE5>iM. Just can't think of a substitute for it in that situation.

I'm not up to there yet, but what I was planning to do was use a smith machine.  Instead of walking up with feet, I was planning to walk down my with hands.

 

Move into a pike, lower bar, move into a stronger pike, lower bar, etc.

emilianop

I managed to find alternatives to both PE and iMs for that, but it sucks, especially after you tried it on the real thing.... :(

Jon Douglas

I don't own any; until end of last year I was using a park playground ladder, now I have a mostly functional set of public outdoor stall bars (bars are set a touch too far apart for me and weatherproof paint on metal is brutal on the hands).

I don't think I've ever seen anyone else using them... >.<

Murray Truelove
Jon Douglas said:

I don't own any; until end of last year I was using a park playground ladder, now I have a mostly functional set of public outdoor stall bars (bars are set a touch too far apart for me and weatherproof paint on metal is brutal on the hands).

I don't think I've ever seen anyone else using them... >.<

Exactly what I plan on using.

PrimalMove

Thanks Jon. I'll have to check out the parks around here. I know most were rebuilt in the last few years, but I'm sure they are still functional.

The Hansenator

No stall bars for me either. I'll just do what i can without them.

 

I don't have a gym membership and I don't really want to travel to the local park for that part of my workout which might require them. Besides the time it takes, I don't feel I should be working out when there's children playing on the equipment and it's covered in snow for half the year.