This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1: HBP/PE3, PPPU training form check

Started by Juginabi, June 29, 2014 · 6 Replies · 256 Views

Juginabi

Hi,

I finally did the mastery for HBP/pe2 and I am now starting the 1st week for PE3. Can you give me some pointers if you look at my video from 1st weeks set (3x2). I tried to replicate my form according to the video posted on PE3 page but is my forward lean enough? My wrists are the major bottleneck on this exercise.

PPPU training form check:

PPPU training form check 2:

Thanks in advance!

Keegan

You are lacking PPT throughout and protraction at the top of your reps. I would suggest decreasing the degree of lean until you are able to maintain proper PPT and protraction, spend some time building strength there, and then gradually increase your lean as you continue to build strength.

Congrats on mastering HBP/PE2 though!

Alan Tseng
Keegan said:

You are lacking PPT throughout and protraction at the top of your reps. I would suggest decreasing the degree of lean until you are able to maintain proper PPT and protraction, spend some time building strength there, and then gradually increase your lean as you continue to build strength.

Congrats on mastering HBP/PE2 though!

To add to what he said, do you have PPT/protraction in HBP/PE2?

JimV

I apologize in advance, but I've looked and don't know what your comment means. What's PPT/protraction? From context here and other posts, I think it means keeping the shoulder blades "out" like I'm learning in Scapular Shrugs.

Thanks,

-Jim

Adriano Augusto

PPT means Posterior Pelvic Tilit, tuck the tail and keep a flat lower back. 

 

Protraction is the top position of sPL, scaps spread away each other, what you learn with Scapular Shrugs.

 

For the OP, too much lean for your actual strenght/form. Completely agree here with Keegan.

 

Cheers.

Juginabi
Keegan said:

You are lacking PPT throughout and protraction at the top of your reps. I would suggest decreasing the degree of lean until you are able to maintain proper PPT and protraction, spend some time building strength there, and then gradually increase your lean as you continue to build strength.

Congrats on mastering HBP/PE2 though!

 

 

alan tseng said:

To add to what he said, do you have PPT/protraction in HBP/PE2?

 

Thanks for the comments! This is why I wanted to have feedback because things like PPT and scapulae protraction get overlooked by newbies like me. I was just focusing on lean and nothing else. :)

 

I did not focus on PPT on HBP/PE2 and I did not protract my scapula there either. I have been taught to lock my scapulae mid way when doing normal pushups and just focus on full ROM in elbow area and to make sure chest and hips touch the ground at the same time in bottom position.

 

I think I might go back to HBP/PE2 and master it again with good posterior pelvic tilt and scapular protraction at the top and then start again with the PE3.

 

Thanks for these comments!

Keegan

In that case you may even want to retest mastery of PE1 while maintaining proper PPT and proper protraction. If that is good, then work on mastery of PE2, and then when that is mastered move on to PE3.