So about 5 days ago I started practicing the iron cross on rings. I am not able to do a full iron cross so I place the ring close to my wrist and hold the cross position for anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds repeated sets of that. After my first set I noticed my shoulder up to about my elbow hurt a bit, but kept going. The pain felt similar to a growing pain, however I am not growing anymore as I am 24. I haven't practiced the cross for about 5 days, but I have been doing exercises that involve either my arms or shoulders about every day since then such as pullups, muscle-ups, planche practice, handstand pushups, the shoulder pain seems to return after any workout that involves my arms and shoulders.
I was thinking that this my just be normal since I have never practiced the iron cross before as it toke an extreme amount of effort when I was doing it. As I said I only did 5 to 10 second hold, but those seconds were quite painful.
I just don't want to hurt myself and am wondering if I should give my arms a break for a couple days or just push though and expect the pain to go away. Symptoms seem similar to rotor cuff tendentious, which I saw could be a result of a new workout. Any suggestions on what to do?
thanks