Hi all.
For some years I have experienced lower back pain, which is very pronounced when I do the "seal stretch". The pain usually surfaces after standing up or walking around for hours. In addition to the pain after doing the activities I get very low mobility; bending backwards causes pain, and bending forwards causes my back to make snappinglike sounds when I try to force myself to touch my toes.
When I am thoroughly warmed up and I do a pike stretch the pain surfaces yet again when I afterwards do my seal stretch. The more I switch between the stretches the less the pain and limited mobility.
I think I have above average flexibility in pike positions and bridge stretch (can almost do a full bridge and I can touch my arches in a seated pike position.
As I started to do hollow body holds and arched holds my back problems somewhat faded into only being a nuinsance. I figured my problem is too much flexibility and too little strength in my lower back, but I want to hear your opinion about my issue.
Sorry for bad english. Please feel free to ask clarifying questions.