PE:1-3 are pushups, then all the way up to PE:14 are dips, PE:15-19 are HS pushups and it's PE:20 before we see pushups again.
There are more dip variations than pushups and HS pushups combined.
I suppose I'm just a little surprised.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Murray Truelove, June 27, 2014 · 9 Replies · 529 Views
PE:1-3 are pushups, then all the way up to PE:14 are dips, PE:15-19 are HS pushups and it's PE:20 before we see pushups again.
There are more dip variations than pushups and HS pushups combined.
I suppose I'm just a little surprised.
Even though the end goal is HBP, the HBP section of Foundation is for development of fundamental bent arm pushing strength more so than just mastery of HBP.
Dips can take you a long way and develop some useful attributes along the way ![]()
You guys are right if course and I totally trust the course just seemed like a lot of dip variation.
Well, the most productive HSPU variation is... full ROM HSPU. The only variations really needed are working up to it and adding extras to the movement such as freestanding and putting them on rings. Standard ring dips vs. Russian dips vs. Bulgarian dips, however, have distinctly different foci despite their similarities ![]()
Jon Douglas said:Well, the most productive HSPU variation is... full ROM HSPU. The only variations really needed are working up to it and adding extras to the movement such as freestanding and putting them on rings. Standard ring dips vs. Russian dips vs. Bulgarian dips, however, have distinctly different foci despite their similarities
I would think the most productive variation of HSPU is HBP, so is dips and pushups ![]()
Jon Douglas said:different foci
Different fireplaces? I think you meant focuses. Ok, ok, I'll turn my Latin brain off...
alan tseng said:I would think the most productive variation of HSPU is HBP, so is dips and pushups
Technically, HBP is a press to HS variation (bent-arm, straight-body), muddying the whole thing even more ![]()
Duff said:Different fireplaces? I think you meant focuses. Ok, ok, I'll turn my Latin brain off...
I meant foci ('focuses' is a verb in my book), but I like the way you think ![]()
Imagine my surprise when I thought I'll be done with dips after F1 ![]()
you need to work over all the dips variations because dips variation are bases for
-muscle up development
-iron cross
-full hollow back press (ideally full hbp is performed from L-sit or support position and pass through a dip).