This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Issues with SLS/PE1

Started by Johan Flostrand, June 27, 2014 · 2 Replies · 116 Views

Johan Flostrand

Hey! Im have just started working my way through GB Foundation One. So far Im still working on all the PE1 exercises and not having any major issues so far with the exception of SLS/PE1... I can't even complete one rep with proper form! I was messing around with it, and the only way I can "get up" is through spreading my legs in a more squat-like (wider) position, definitely not whats shown in the video. 

 

Did anyone else face major issues with this one when starting out? Whats typically the issue, lack of strength or mobility? None of the other PE1's have given me too much trouble.

howens

Typically it's either a coordination issue, or a mobility issue. There are many threads on the solution to these issues.

Murray Truelove

I found this one very difficult. Holding a weight in your hands can help. Work on your ankle mobility as all and you need to work on compression (essentially MN:PE1) where you gain the strength to pull your knees to your chest.