Flairs

Started by Kushan Agarwal, May 28, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,308 Views

Kushan Agarwal

Hi coach ,

I m new to this forum. :D

Ihave learnt many new things from this forum and nw I need some help for flairs on pommel.

I m doing flairs from past one year. :)

when i do flairs my legs r not as high as like in flairs of others gymnast. :( (like Alexei nemov, Jorden jotchev) :)

Its even below the pommel.

its not as good as i want .

Any suggetions............ :?: :?:

Coach Sommer
when i do flairs my legs r not as high as like in flairs of others gymnast.

A common misconception with flairs is that their elevation is dependent upon the height of the legs when in reality the height of a flair is much more dependent upon the height of the hips. Hence, to increase the height of your flairs it is most productive to concentrate on pressing the hips forward and upward rather than trying to "kick" higher and higher.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Kushan Agarwal

Thnx coach....

Actully my hips are high in flairs but legs are not :( .....Its like a swiss press position.

Its depends on stretching too or just i have to press my hips forword? :?: :?:

Coach Sommer

The goal to shoot for is to elevate the hips to shoulder height during the flairs. The height of the legs will then occur automatically.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Kushan Agarwal

Thnx a lot Coach. :D

I m nw concentrating to pressing my hips.......

I'll tell u Wt I get in a week..... 8)

thnx again.

Kushan Agarwal

Hey coach,

here is my recent vid of Flairs.......

plz see nd give some fedback....

hw can i improve it?