This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Exercise versus assigned integrated mobility

Started by RafaelBad, June 26, 2014 · 4 Replies · 273 Views

RafaelBad

Hey there, 

I have a question, If you on your mastery level of your current progression like I'm on my HS/PE2 on my week 11 and you don't have problem with doing it but with HS/PE2-im my ROM is not yet matched with the video showed to us at the course. How should I keep progression on this level? I know you can't move to the next exercise if you haven't mastered both.

I found these I'm mobilisation exercises that my body takes its own rhythm which is at the moment slower than my progression with exercises. Heavy weights unfortunately had its own impact on my ROM in my shoulders.

Regards 

Rafael

jules

Unfortunately the best thing to do is to keep training the iM while maintain mastery of the strength exercise. When the iM meets the requirements, then you can progress.  If you move ahead now, it'll only bite you in the butt later.

 

Try some extra flexibility to work prior to doing the iM.  If you grab a bar behind you, you can squat down to stretch the shoulders. If you do this before the exercise, you should be able to reach a high range during the iM. 

 

Hope that helps.

jules

Also for that exercise, make sure you chest isn't rounded over. If you are hunched over,  shoulder range is lost. Be sure to keep the chest 'out'.

RafaelBad

Thanks Jules for reply, much appreciated.

That gives me a good indication.

Regards

Rafael

Jeremy Huston

You're welcome to play with the next progression, just don't train it.  I initially had trouble finding balance on PE3, so getting used to that position would helpful while you're still working on PE2 and PE2-im.  You can also work on increasing ROM and weight on PE1-im, essentially getting a head start on PE3-im.