Is there a certain weight that's recommended as a goal for HS/PE4? I feel like this one is doing my shoulder some good and I'd like to keep progressing. Is there a point of diminishing returns?
Thanks.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by The Hansenator, June 26, 2014 · 10 Replies · 361 Views
Is there a certain weight that's recommended as a goal for HS/PE4? I feel like this one is doing my shoulder some good and I'd like to keep progressing. Is there a point of diminishing returns?
Thanks.
I think double bodyweight plus a bag of apples is the ideal long term goal...but I have been wrong about things in the past. It could have easily been a bag of yucca roots
.
TANSTAAFL said:I think double bodyweight plus a bag of apples is the ideal long term goal...but I have been wrong about things in the past. It could have easily been a bag of yucca roots
.
Great, then I'm only 155 kg from my target. Plus a bag of spuds. That's just 5166% up from the weight I'm using now. A twelve week cycle should cut it.
Just test for mastery dude, you may only need a week 9-12 microcycle.
I'm using a dowel so I'm finding it hard to get now than 4kg without compromising ROM. Any ideas? I've only got a few 0.5kg plates.
Murray Truelove said:I'm using a dowel so I'm finding it hard to get now than 4kg without compromising ROM. Any ideas? I've only got a few 0.5kg plates.
let the towel soak some water ![]()
Lie with arms hanging off a bed/table? ![]()
You can also try doing these at the top of a set of stairs, with your upper arms reaching over the stairs. Otherwise, I've been using a method someone mentioned in another thread where you lay the plates flat against the dowel and grip both the dowel and plates at the appropriate width. It took me a few tries to find a comfortable way to simultaneously hold the plates and dowel, but once found, it became simpler than laying on a bed or using stairs and has become my method of choice.
Jon Douglas said:Lie with arms hanging off a bed/table?
Would this effect the quality of PPT, so far I have to bend my knees a little to get my back flat on the ground.
-MR said:You can also try doing these at the top of a set of stairs, with your upper arms reaching over the stairs. Otherwise, I've been using a method someone mentioned in another thread where you lay the plates flat against the dowel and grip both the dowel and plates at the appropriate width. It took me a few tries to find a comfortable way to simultaneously hold the plates and dowel, but once found, it became simpler than laying on a bed or using stairs and has become my method of choice.
That sounds like it could work.
Murray Truelove said:Would this effect the quality of PPT, so far I have to bend my knees a little to get my back flat on the ground.
Me too.
We've to stretch more the psoas and quads and we'll be fine.