Hip Flexor and Rotator

Started by FrankyG, June 26, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,539 Views

FrankyG

So I've noticed that my Hips are pretty stiff, especially when I do flares sometimes they pull a bit when I end up throwing them with all I've got.

 

I'm wondering if anyone has a good source for strengthening and flexibility exercises for the hips? I've found a few but not enough to create a concise workout to really get everything.

FrankyG

Sorry for the double post but really wondering about this for one main reason:

When I injured my right knee I hurt my Vastus Medialus (inner most quad next to the knee) which apparently is nearly impossible to stretch. After restrengthening it doesn't have problems (except for minor aching when I use it a lot) but no pain.

However what I do notice is every once in a blue moon when I stretch my hips/groin real well I'll get this weird feeling in my groin right where my abductor muscle is. It feels like a tendon is "caught" on something and as soon as I lift my knee up it pops and feels like a tension has just been relieved. This used to happen when I walked after my knee injury.

 

I'm suspecting this has to do with the fact that it is still quite stiff so I'm really trying to find the best stretch for this area possible and the right way to do it.