This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP-PE5 Real 10 seconds

Started by andydgh, June 26, 2014 · 15 Replies · 457 Views

andydgh

I did this level for the first time on Monday and will be repeating today.

I can do a lot of dips but this was a bitch!!

 

Are you guys doing a true 10 second negative or like the kid in the video... because his negative was actually only 4-5 seconds....may have been a 10 'count' in his head but not real time.

 

I had a digital timer in front of me doing this and 10 seconds is a loooong time.

 

I didn't make it through all my reps... I had the 'strength' but the time was shredding my shoulders especially after sPLPE5 already beat them up some.

meras

The athletes demonstrate mastery form, not the times and reps required. So yes, you should be doing a true 10 seconds.

 

Good luck on getting stronger and reaching mastery :)

Ravn

Yep, ten seconds, that's what it says. If you think this is bad, just wait for RC/PE6 and MN/PE6

andydgh
Ravn said:

Yep, ten seconds, that's what it says. If you think this is bad, just wait for RC/PE6 and MN/PE6

Well, I have MNPE6 tomorrow... another long 10 seconds!

As for RCPE6... I've done a minute hold before... but 5 in a row... yeah that's gonna suck!!

Mark Collins

I use my iPhone timer. A real 10 seconds negative is hard.

Murray Truelove

I use a metronome. Counting gives me something to focus on.

I was surprised by this one as well.

Jon Douglas

Yeah, it sucks.

I had to re-film a couple of the FL body lever negatives for testing because I didn't hit the full 10s in the first vids. So yes, this is strictly enforced :)

The Hansenator

I tried this one a few times and, as others have said, a full 10 seconds is tough.

Ravn
Jon Douglas said:

Yeah, it sucks.

I had to re-film a couple of the FL body lever negatives for testing because I didn't hit the full 10s in the first vids. So yes, this is strictly enforced :)

QFT. The difference between 8 sec and 10 sec body lever sets is very substantial indeed.

dritar

Foundation is fundamentally a study in the perception of time...

 

(SLS/SE3 is waay harder than I thought).

Micawberian

I use a timer that that speaks and counts down for me, so I have to hear and experience every single second that goes by. It counts down in Russian, too. So on top of having to do the bloody exercise i have to translate the numbers. I'm just too brutal for this foundation business.

RF_Guy

This one was the most painful of all F1 exercises so far but just because of mobility required to go that slow that deep. But it was also the best exercise for my shoulders, nagging pain in left shoulder I had for years was completely gone. So enjoy the pain, it is doing a lot of good for you.

Mats Trane
andydgh said:

 

I had a digital timer in front of me doing this and 10 seconds is a loooong time.

 

Stoped focusing on the timer. I did this at first as well. I then started focusing on my breathing instead. It's easy to

unconsciously hold your breath. Especially during static moves like a handstand, PL etc.

I got this app where you can program different times including "set up time" which tells you:

Get ready

Start

Exercise completed

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/pt-timer-stretch-exercise/id410605817?mt=8

andydgh
Mats Trane said:

Stoped focusing on the timer. I did this at first as well. I then started focusing on my breathing instead. It's easy to

unconsciously hold your breath. Especially during static moves like a handstand, PL etc.

I got this app where you can program different times including "set up time" which tells you:

Get ready

Start

Exercise completed

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/pt-timer-stretch-exercise/id410605817?mt=8

Well the issue for me on this exercise wasn't really about that. Strength and endurance wise I was fine.... but after so much time and lack of rest (all you have is 10 arm circles for your break so you are practically doing 25 reps in a row if you finish)... the shoulders never get to recover. Plus the planche progression preceding this. The shoulders felt like they were going through the meat grinder so I did drop sets... 5-4-3-2-1.

I'll see what I can bump it up to today... about an hour from now.

 

As for timers... I have various timers in my gym. I have an app on my phone call 4Time....it has tabata and various other settings.

But I also have this on the wall which is what I used for the dip negatives

 

http://www.titlemma.com/title-platinum-professional-fight-gym-timer

LIE

I use gymboss interval timer. set 11second (1s to get back to support position).

andydgh

Added a couple reps yesterday. Did 5-5-4-3.

I'll get this within the next couple workouts.