This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest time between exercises?

Started by MrPuppeh, June 26, 2014 · 9 Replies · 279 Views

MrPuppeh

I usually take 2-3 min of rest between exercises ( not between sets ) 

 

Is this good or should I go straight for the next exercise as soon as possible ?

Jon Douglas

This is no problem, unless you are standing around excessively and lose your pace :)

TANSTAAFL

I like to use that time to take a quick power nap. That or work on transcribing symphonic notation by ear. As Mr. Douglas said, nothing that accommodates pace depreciation.

Micawberian
TANSTAAFL said:

I like to use that time to take a quick power nap.

Power...nap? Power?

 

Power...equals work*time equals (force*displacement)/time equals force*velocity. Velocity...scalar absolute of velocity is speed. Speed is nice. Speed is fast. Speed...

 

M1 confirmed.

korija

i dont rest between exercises

 

yolo.jpg

MrPuppeh

Lol, you guys are funny !

jules

I rest just as long to prepare myself for the next exercise.  I also like to order the exercises so they dont interfere with each other. For example, instead of doing Scap PU straight into Push ups, I put bHBH in between.

Murray Truelove

Normally I take as much time as I need to get the next exercise ready, setting up rings etc.

dynamo

I rest just enough to catch my breath so I go strong into the next exercise.  It's probably about 1 - 3 minutes depending upon all the variables.

Destiny

I just take random rest periods. Some days I'm not in the mood for a longer workout and just hit everything straight to get it done. Most days I just rest an arbitrary amount until I feel "ready".  Probably 3-5 min if I'm on a higher week cycle