This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deadlifts with F1 and H1?

Started by Kara Beutel, June 25, 2014 · 3 Replies · 290 Views

Kara Beutel

Hi all! This is my very first post in the forums :)

 

I bought the F1/H1 combo and did the testing for everything recently. I pwned the Manna PE1, which was exciting, but literally wrote "hahahaha" in my notebook for PE1 of rope climb! Those are no joke! Did my first HS test today and mastered PE1, so will test 2 next time. Definitely loving things so far!

 

My question is this: if I want to still do some other lower body weightlifting like deadlifts, KB work, BB hip thrusts, etc, when is the best time to do them if I plan to do them on a day I'm also doing my HS work? Here is my schedule as I've laid it out, although I've not actually done a whole week yet:

M: F1 (FL, sPL, HBP, RC)

T: F1 (Mn, SL, SLS)

W: HS1 and deadlifts/lower body lifts, also aerial silks class

R: F1 (FL, sPL, HBP, RC)

F: F1 (Mn, SL, SLS)

Sat or Sun: HS1 and deadlifts/lower body lifts. Other day = rest.

 

Should I do a warm up, then deadlifts/lower body lifts, then HS? Or reverse it and do HS before the other lifting?

 

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Jeremy Huston

I would do H1 before deadlifts.  Heavy deadlifts are taxing on the body and make it hard to do much of anything afterward.  PE2 and PE3 will go a lot better if you're fresh.  I would also be careful of doing SL and Deadlifts on consecutive days.  Likewise SLS and other lower body lifts.

 

Be sure to listen to your body.  The first microcycle of F1 doesn't seem that challenging, but the difficulty ramps up quickly.  You might want to use one of your HS days to do additional mobility and stretching.

Alan Tseng

Weighted lower body work isn't recommended until at least SLS is mastered

Kara Beutel
tex0413 said:

I would do H1 before deadlifts.  Heavy deadlifts are taxing on the body and make it hard to do much of anything afterward.  PE2 and PE3 will go a lot better if you're fresh.  I would also be careful of doing SL and Deadlifts on consecutive days.  Likewise SLS and other lower body lifts.

 

Be sure to listen to your body.  The first microcycle of F1 doesn't seem that challenging, but the difficulty ramps up quickly.  You might want to use one of your HS days to do additional mobility and stretching.

 

Thanks Tex! I wasn't planning on going super heavy or testing maxes or anything. I typically do deads or hip thrusts as my first primary lift, then do other lifts afterwards. Before purchasing the GB programs I already started playing around with headstands, which I was doing at the end of my workouts (so far I've been able to do 3 sets of 35sec of what looks like HS:PE2). I will try doing the HS work first and doing the deads/BBHTs afterwards, along with anything else I feel up to. 

 

I definitely listen to my body, so no worries there. If it feels like too much after completing the HS work, I'll just do it on a separate day or do mobility/stretching instead.

alan tseng said:

Weighted lower body work isn't recommended until at least SLS is mastered

Alan, thanks for your input. I see no reason to stop doing exercises I currently do well while learning and progressing with the GB program though. My question was referring to when in the program would be best to incorporate them, not whether or not I should do them at all.