This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question to those currently working on/or already masterd sPL/SE3

Started by meras, June 25, 2014 · 5 Replies · 277 Views

meras

it will still be a while until I start working on this move but I just started wondering something. If you started at F1 and progressed to this point, at what cycle were you able to start the tuck planche? Did all the shrugs and the leans prepare you enough to keep your shoulders protracted enough?

 

There are a lot of progressions in F1 where I was able to jump in to then 2nd or even 3rd cycle, but it looks like this might take a while, especially with the iM.

Alessandro Mainente

this will take a while...5 months and half, and i've started on week 5...

meras

Thanks. Week 5 is impressive and quite a lot of volume. If I'm not mistaken you were already practicing gymnastics when you started foundation?

Sascha Faltinger

for me PL Tuck is a milestone. Leaning forward with straight Arms with protracted shoulders for 5 Sets followed by an itegrated Mobility exercise which is not easyer than the strength exercise. with no rest between? no chance, yet.

The stress for my wrists is hard to overcome, thatswhy I make a bit rest between the sets.

Maybe as Alex said, about 1/2 year following this exercise combo will lead to mastery. The strength gains for my triceps and upper chest are amazing.

this exercise feels like a all inclusive one for former exercises for Planche. Enjoying the Process and beeing patient till I can move on.

Whenever that will be, you will be prepared for more demanding Planche Work.

happy training all.

Jason Stein
alex87 said:

this will take a while...5 months and half, and i've started on week 5...

Meras, thank you for your question.

 

It is helpful to me because I was challenged by the integrated mobility for straddle planche SE2 (bent-arm single-leg extensions), and so have just begun SE3.

 

My test sets went 14-12-10-8 sec (unintentional drop sets), and I was wondering if I was insufficiently prepared.

 

So Alex, thank you for sharing your experience, and providing an example to help me set real-world expectations. (I.e. patience.)

 

jason

Ravn

I just regressed from 4x24 to 4x18, because I was taking too much rest. It's very hard for sure. Even at 4x18 my butt still drops in the two last sets...