DVDs for Less

Started by Blairbob, May 28, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,180 Views

Blairbob

I find them invaluable for group training as in training others in a group without referencing the book. I guess I could scan and print out those sections but I am dealing with children here, 1st to 4th graders.

For those familiar with gymnastics, the DVD's probably are not as necessary, for those unfamiliar with the movements, the DVD's will be a good source to actually see the skill and understand how they move, especially for the multiplane-movement exercises.

Richard Duelley

They are EXTREMELY helpful. Some of the movements I would not have believed possible until I put in the DVD and saw it for myself. Also, the pictures are fine but having a video of each movement was really helpful when I was trying the understand how to properly execute different movements. You can glean tons of information by just watching how the athletes in the videos initiate and perform the movements.

sasquatch

Are the dvds the same videos that are on youtube?

Razz

Only a very few of the videos from youtube are on the dvd's and vice versa.. For me I regret buying the dvd's because i think the book is clear enough, and then again they are cool to have and they do help describe a few of the exercises that may not be 100% clear

Coach Sommer

If you have a reasonably strong gymnastics background, you will be fine without the DVDs. However, if you do not have a strong gymnastics background; the DVDs are essential for fully illustrating the correct execution of each of the exercises.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

sghetti

Wow thanks. I don't have a gymnastics background and I want to be doing the exercises with correct form. I'm going to go for them!