This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check SLSPE3 & iM

Started by abvb11, June 25, 2014 · 4 Replies · 190 Views

abvb11

This was my 5th set of mastery set for the side-to-side squat, looking to check form. Also, the inside squat starts around the :45 mark, looking for any input on this one as I am very unfamiliar with this exercise.

 

Thanks for any help

 

thecolin

I think you're looking pretty good, you could probably get a bit deeper on both. I've found these are two good moves to keep up for the long term. Focus on trying to sit down deeper, with your body more upright and the foot of the bent leg pointing straight forward.

abvb11

I think I was trying to follow demo and it looked like in demo video his foot was angled out, is that not correct?

thecolin

For mastery at this level I think it's fine. But if you continue to do them (which I recommend) the foot facing forward should help you to improve your squat form as you work towards pistols. It would be a bit tricky to do a pistol squat with your foot pointed out to the side.  :P

abvb11

Oh ok, i gotcha. That makes sense. Thank you