Pulling strength after Rope climb mastery ?

Started by MrPuppeh, June 24, 2014 · 2 Replies · 3,058 Views

MrPuppeh

Hi !

 

I was wondering  and wanted to ask a question to those who are good at rope climb ( Mastered Rope climb )

 

Hows your pulling strength in general ? How many pull-ups can you do in one set? 

 

Ive remember that Coach students were able to go up to 48-49 pull-ups in one set ( those who mastered the rope climb )

 

 

 

Trey Stone

I can do a one arm pull up from dead hang and full rom (soon 2 oap) and I attribute this strength to rope climbing. I don't know about how many pull ups I can do but last time I tried it was around 20-25 but I don't train for endurance so I do not focus on them. An exercise I learnedd from this site was particularly useful : cirques. Rope climb followed by oac negatives. You cannot go wrong with rope climbing.   

LateStarter@46

Just to add, you don't need to wait until you've mastered Rope Climbs to get a significant increase in pulling power. After a year of Foundation, I am not even half-way to Rope Climb mastery but the number of dead hang pull-ups I can do in one set has quadrupled to 12.