This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE9 Problems with right adductors?

Started by Sascha Faltinger, June 23, 2014 · 2 Replies · 144 Views

Sascha Faltinger

Hi all,

I need help. I train quiet a long time SE9. At the beginning it was very hard to straighten my legs for more than a couple of seconds.

Right now, straighten them for 5x30 sec is no deal. with hips about ellbow hight.

But here is the problem: I don' get my Knees high enough. They are lower than hips are. First I had cramps in my quads, now its gone. But my right adductors feel so weak or stiff. First thought it' s the psoas but it's sketchy in my thighs side. Only right one.

This exercise is much harder for the legs than for the abs...

Any ideas?

Thank you

Alessandro Mainente

can you perform the side split?

i think it's possible to talk about 2 version of str hold.

1-legs spread wide as much as possible . with that you are decreasing the leverage on the front so lees work on abs, and increasing it on the side so more work on leteral hips flessor, is obvious easier to resist to the temptation of rest on the arms

2-close the legs about 90°, less work on external hips flexor, less split required, more work of frontal hips flexors, closer grip needed to not rest on arms.

personally i am far more flexible on pike and 80-90° pancake(i can go lower that legs level)  compared to side split. unfortunately, due to my low experience on some skills, i've developed a tendonitis on both addcutors and i'm slowly healing from it. so i used closed legs to move on this element. when i'll recover completely i'll return back to build some strength on my lateral hips flexor.

Sascha Faltinger

hi Alex,

thanks for helping me out.

my side splits need lots of work. not even close to the floor.

I will try the other variation you explained.

something in the right hip/adductor area feels not ok, no pain at all, just no strength or body awareness.

I experimenting with a lot of myfascial release in this area and there are some ugly spots. Hope this will help to get the muscles better working.

I hope your tendonities will heal so you can go back to train this exercise.

Best wishes,

sascha