Wooden stick for self massage/muscle release

Started by Mats Trane, June 23, 2014 · 7 Replies · 5,514 Views

thecolin

I've only tried the calf version. I like working it in a squat position with wall assist to keep the pressure on: 

post-3734-0-46973200-1403550965_thumb.jp

Alan Tseng

I actually tried the stick between hamstrings and calves a few days ago.  I always thought I did a good job in massaging my calves, well apparently not

MT Nordic

Hi Mats.  I love it.  I have started using it like i would a foam roller or a lacrosse ball.  Great stuff.  I just bought a 1" dowel 2 ft wide at the hardward store.  cheap!

Mats Trane

Looking forward to try it this weekend

-MR

Great find Mats!

JN12

Just be careful, it's quite easy to overdo these, at least the one with the calves. Mine hurt the whole evening after doing that  <_<

 

But I almost forgot about the stick, so thanks for posting!

Sascha Faltinger

great exercise. so effective and easy. but it hurts a bit. excited for the results in resting squat position.