This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tendinopathy and Foundation

Started by Mark Collins, June 23, 2014 · 7 Replies · 400 Views

Mark Collins

I just did a two day seminar on lower limb tendinopathy. It was amazing how Foundation exercises and program methodology is ideal for tendon rehab. We even did some exercises that are in foundation for hamstring strengthening. There was a big emphasis on isometrics and progressing to concentric/eccentric and then plyometrics.

When I get time I will reveal more on tendon rehab and how to incorporate it with Foundation . I am holidays for a week so no more Physio :)

SLY

Looking forward since my hamstrings are my weak points!

meras

Looking forward to it as well, your posts on these boards have been an invaluable resource.

 

While I really know nothing about the topic, my own experience has shown that foundation does wonders. I started F1 work having elbow tendonitis and all my pain has went away since. I can now safely do PPP, dips and straight arm work without irritation. Got to love those basics :)

TANSTAAFL
Mark Collins said:

I just did a two day seminar on lower limb tendinopathy.

Is this like tendon massage on someone else across the room using just your mind?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Mark I'm searching for you pov about natural leg extension. Ideally when you perform it on the floor and the shinbone is firmly on the ground and you squeeze the quads, the patella is forced to slide out from the normal positioning. What do you think about this problem? I've never had problem since now...

Mark Collins
TANSTAAFL said:

Is this like tendon massage on someone else across the room using just your mind?

I am slow. It took a while...telepathy!

Just to confuse people the term tendinitis is not used as the tendon injury is more degenerative than inflammatory. It also makes the medical community sound more intelligent.

Mark Collins
alex87 said:

Hi Mark I'm searching for you pov about natural leg extension. Ideally when you perform it on the floor and the shinbone is firmly on the ground and you squeeze the quads, the patella is forced to slide out from the normal positioning. What do you think about this problem? I've never had problem since now...

Try doing these with the patella off the ground so you are on the edge of a mat. If it keeps happening release the lateral quads and ITB with some self massage with your hands or a foam roller for 10-15 mins before and after your workout.

Alessandro Mainente

tried your suggestion. it's very good, before i simply did it with the patella out of the support, the sensation is similar but you advice is better. i suggest to all to evaluate this version. thanks mark