This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dislocates - moving hands even closer than shoulder width

Started by Micawberian, June 22, 2014 · 2 Replies · 198 Views

Micawberian

Title says it all. Any benefit to doing so? Or rather, any problems?

Alessandro Mainente

I can do it without weight after long warm up, but it's not something i train with regularity. well is a sign of good flexibility but as you reach high hyper mobility you will find harder reach the best  compromise between open shoulders and PPT. when you will reach full elevation and correct pelvic activation you have to modulate both the active flexion and the PPT in order to stay stacked. so there is a compromise.

Micawberian

I'm not sure I understand completely. Are you saying that PPT and shoulder flexion mobility would exceed the necessary flexibility for handstand and so because of that it would be more of a struggle to maintain the correct amount of shoulder flexion and PPT? Basically that your shoulders can be too open for the optimum alignment?

 

If I remember correctly an old forum member named Wangtang spoke about how many of the younger gymnasts in china were capable of dislocates with their hands together. But would this high level of hypermobility in the shoulder joint compromise the strength or structural integrity?