This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastering Wrist Work and repeating block protocols

Started by qore, June 21, 2014 · 6 Replies · 248 Views

qore

I am only on HS/PE2, but I believe I have mastered WR/SE4.    I may post a video here to check mastery if advised, but I was wondering if I would just keep rotating between block 3 for WR/SE4 or do I need to get H2?   

 

If I am to do block 3 until I am done with H1, do I rotate between week 1 through 4 of block 3 or just repeatedly do week 3 (i.e. 5/5) except for deload weeks?  This is a more general question about exercises when I am repeating block 3, e.g. because I haven't mastered the corresponding im.   Do I go through the various micro-cycles or just stick with the highest mastered until my im catches up (again, with exception of deload weeks.)?

 

Thank you. 

MT Nordic

That is just the wrist warmup, so once you're doing the hardest version, just continue doing that as your warmup before every handstand workout.

RJS

i think qore is referring to the actual wrist pushups, not the wrist stretches. So, the answer lies in knowing whether H2 has WR/SE5 and so on. I wish i knew, i do not have H2, however if it does go on, than you would also progress with it.

meras

I hope this is ok to say - H1 has all the wrist work you need. Now the h1 course site mentions that wrist progression reps/sets are advisory. So do as much as you need to warm up properly. Personally, I would do about 10 of each.

RJS

No one is getting in trouble by saying what numbers are in H2. So now we know there is no SE 5's for wrist progressions, so repeating mastery becomes part of your routine.

Micawberian

If an SE4 is mastered, I just perform 5 rep warm up sets of PE1 & SE2, and then run week 9-12 work sets for SE4. There is some freedom in how you want to go about this, but there is an example of how I do it.

 

For your second question, if the mobility exercise is lacking but the strength exercise is fine, you repeat weeks 9-12 until it's mastered.

RJS
MT Nordic said:

That is just the wrist warmup, so once you're doing the hardest version, just continue doing that as your warmup before every handstand workout.

MT Nordic was right the whole time, i should've known better...Facepalm