Good afternoon. I am new to Gymnastic Bodies and had a question regarding my right elbow. I come from an 8 year extensive background in Crossfit, competing since 2008 until 2 months ago when I decided to change my journey as an athlete to more gymnastics, joint health and flexibility as CF has taken a toll on my body. Back in march i performed a split jerk and mildy hyperextended my elbow. I continued to train heavy with it for 2 more months until it started to get worse but it never stopped me from a pain standpoint, just never felt right. Being a stubborn athlete I ignored treatment until 2 weeks ago when i was diagnosed with humeral ulnar joint dysfunction. (i thought it was golfers elbow but i guess the joint is causin a mild form of it) The dr said i cant do anything that requires lockouts or deep elbow flexion or pronated work or oly lifting with a barbell(which is so much of gymnastics and oly lifting). My question is what experience does anyone have with this? What does my future look like in terms of gymnastics and oly lifting? Im 31 years old, healthy body other than some aches and my new found elbow injury. Any help is appreciated. Coach Summers Id appreciate your input also.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Humeral Ulnar Joint Dysfunction
Started by Josh Lewis, June 21, 2014 · 2 Replies · 96 Views
I am unfamiliar with this diagnosis. Please provide us with additional details.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
The Dr also called it an ulnar abduction injury, which in many cases is caused by falling on your hand with your arm locked out causing joint instability ( he showed me the elbow joint on his skeleton model and the ulna fits into a groove, mine is unstable from too hard of a lockout)
hope that helps, thank you!