This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Criticize HBP/PE3

Started by Talal, June 21, 2014 · 15 Replies · 501 Views

Talal

Sorry, if this already posted earlier. I just finished HBP/PE 2 and really not sure if iam doing it properly HBP/PE3 as I feel my wrist is above my fingers and if I try to take it 45 degree to have my full palm it would be just under my rips not close my hips.

Thanks,

Talal

Murray Truelove

PE:3 is a beast!

You want to increase your lean over time, it's clear that having your hands where they are now is too much.

Start in a pushup and lean forwards, it's important to maintain protraction and a good hollow body line.

At the moment you're sagging a lot. Squeeze the glutes and try and keep tension in the body.

Shoot another video but with your hands closer to the push up position.

Alessandro Mainente

Focus on hollow position, protraction , depression and a lot lot lot more PPT.

This actual version provides no benefits for future push up variations.

Talal
Murray Truelove said:

PE:3 is a beast!

You want to increase your lean over time, it's clear that having your hands where they are now is too much.

Start in a pushup and lean forwards, it's important to maintain protraction and a good hollow body line.

At the moment you're sagging a lot. Squeeze the glutes and try and keep tension in the body.

Shoot another video but with your hands closer to the push up position.

Great advice well do!

Talal

Alex, what's the PPT?

Alessandro Mainente

Posterio Pelvic Tilt.

Murray Truelove

By tensing the glutes strongly you should achieve the necessary PPT.

Talal

Here is today's exercise I tried to memories what you mention. What do you think?

Adriano Augusto

Third attempt is the overall best. You maintain the lean, don't move the feet and maintain and the PPT. What I don't know if you've correct protraction at the top because of the camera angle. 

 

Third attempt is the way to go. Increase the lean to bottom to the ribs with time. sPL/PE5 also helps a lot with HBP/PE3, in fact I'll say that you can't succesfully master PPP withouth a strong Planche Leans.

 

Cheers!

Talal

Thanks guys! Found it really helpful what you have shared knowing is half the practice. I either keep it in mini-cycle till I reach the perfect lean forward and hand position (maybe till I get into sPL5 and work it from there) to make sure I beat this beast in perfect form.

Murray Truelove

Third is the best. Focus on those cues each time you do them and increase the lean over time.

Good job.

tom040287

So just some clarification, is hands at underneath the ribs in the bottom positionacceptable for mastery or are we talking hands at bottom of ribs in top position and then sinking into more of a lean on the descent? Obviously the deeper the lean the better but the perfect PPPu isn't the end goal, although the perfect one would end up as a full planche push up which you'd have to be pretty stoked with.

Talal

Can't really tell, if you were me would you move on or keep in mini-cycle?

jaz

If I were you, I would go back to perfecting HBP/PE2 & sPL/PE1 while paying all your attention to strong PPT and protraction.

Once you've started to work on sPL/PE5 and you're comfortable with it, you'll be ready for HBP/PE3. 

Duff

Your previous video was better. Stay in the minicycle and first get the form down, then increase the lean, then increase the volume. You got all the pointer you need already, I'll just add that you should keep the eyes on the ground. Looking up tenses the neck.

Talal

Jaz, I understand I have some unbalanced around my hip for saying going back to HBP2 but sPL1 i have finished sPL3 and doing it fine!

Duff, I did notice little pain in my neck thu!

Thanks for the advice will do.