This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Do I have to master each iM before moving on to the next PE?

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), June 20, 2014 · 6 Replies · 107 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Hi there,

 

I am wondering - do I have to master the iM for each PE before I move on to the next PE?

 

So, in other words, if I have mastered a particular PE1, but not the iM for that PE1, do I keep cycling through that particular PE1 until I have mastered the appropriate iM?

 

Or do I just move on and do whichever iM is prescribed for the particular PE I'm doing as best I can?

 

Any guidance here is appreciated!

 

Thanks

 

Cam

Alan Tseng

Repeat the strength element until the respective iM is mastered

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks Alan.... in terms of cycling the PE then, as I'm working on the iM, would I just stay on week 11 until the iM is mastered?

 

Or would I cycle back to week 9?

Alan Tseng

repeating the W9-W12 minicycle would help a lot with your recovery and to preserve your strength to focus on mastering the other elements

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Awesome - will do.

 

Thanks again!

 

Cam

Sensei JP

Would it be better to focus in the iM more?  I know that I will be stuck on HS PE2/iM for awhile, for example, so should I do extra sets, possible on none HS days?

Alan Tseng
Jonathan Pettit said:

Would it be better to focus in the iM more?  I know that I will be stuck on HS PE2/iM for awhile, for example, so should I do extra sets, possible on none HS days?

so long as it doesn't interfere with recovery then it's fine to work on extra sets of iM. 

 

also, you may find that it's better to do a stretching session to work on iM's you're stuck in to be more beneficial than just simply running an iM over and over again.  you may also want to consider whether you're actually performing the iM's correctly, certain tiny cues for different iM can actually make quite a big difference