skill work question

Started by korija, June 20, 2014 · 4 Replies · 1,351 Views

korija

Im thinking about making tumbling my skill work. Should i do that? I am already training 4 days on f1 and additional rings workout so 5 days total. So my question is, can i do strength + mobility work on the mornings and add tumbling at the late evenings. I plan on doing tumbling every single day. (edited)

Daniel Burnham

So first of all you are doing f1 plus rings and planche? I'm just going to stop there

Secondly. It depends. Doing it everyday is likely not a good idea unless you have requisite strength. A lot of things must be set up. I have no idea what your tumbling level is either but I can tell you that starting by just throwing tumbling skills is not the best way to go. As for the time it doesn't matter too much.

korija
Daniel Burnham said:

So first of all you are doing f1 plus rings and planche? I'm just going to stop there

Secondly. It depends. Doing it everyday is likely not a good idea unless you have requisite strength. A lot of things must be set up. I have no idea what your tumbling level is either but I can tell you that starting by just throwing tumbling skills is not the best way to go. As for the time it doesn't matter too much.

The tumbling training will consist of roundoff backflips. Mostly because im aiming to do a doublebaclfip. So its pretty lightwork

Coach Sommer
korija said:

The tumbling training will consist of roundoff backflips. Mostly because im aiming to do a doublebaclfip. So its pretty lightwork

 

There is nothing light about training for double backs.  At least not if you want to live.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alexander Egebak
korija said:

The tumbling training will consist of roundoff backflips. Mostly because im aiming to do a doublebaclfip. So its pretty lightwork

I guess it would not hurt throwing some off in a foam pit once a while but starting to get serious without proper strength and mobility will increase risk of getting injured. And that is also the general opinion on this board.

 

Double backflip comes from years of training and prehab work.