Adv Tuck Planche + Single Leg Front Lever Form Check

Started by CTI, June 20, 2014 · 14 Replies · 2,928 Views

CTI

It's been 3 months since i updated my progress, i managed to progress from adv tuck front lever after holding it for sets of 25 secs to single leg front lever which right now i can hold for 12 secs.

 

As for planche i can hold the tuck pl for sets of 20 secs and a max hold of 40 secs so i figured i'd give the adv tuck planche a try, so here's pictures of my progress

 

post-10103-0-65041200-1403268380_thumb.j

 

post-10103-0-99330100-1403268441_thumb.j

 

What's the next progression after single leg front lever ? do i move toward straddle front lever or should i use half lay or should i accumalate more time and try the full front lever ? any feedback would be appreciated.

CTI

Anyone ?

korija

Kinda weird angle.. to me back looks a little bit retracted than straight on the planche

Murray Truelove

You aren't protracted enough on the planche and you're too protracted on the front lever. Keep up the hard work.

CTI

So what do you guys suggest for increasing my retraction ? I thought full retraction on the front lever was impossible.

I'll take another picture of the Adv tuck.

CTI

Alright Guys here is another picture of my adv tuck planche

 

post-10103-0-42263500-1404050969_thumb.j

 

And perhaps the problem with my protraction goes back to my tuck planche so here is a picture

 

post-10103-0-23132500-1404051056_thumb.j

ajoOba

it looks like your arms are bent a tiny bit and your hip are too high, especially in the advanced tuck. try to bring them to shoulder level as this will increase your lever

Murray Truelove
CTI said:

Alright Guys here is another picture of my adv tuck planche

adv Tuck.jpg

And perhaps the problem with my protraction goes back to my tuck planche so here is a picture

20140628_092241.jpg

Still doesn't look protracted enough. While standing push your hands out in front of you and observe how much protraction you can achieve, now try the same thing in a plank. You need just as much when you do any planche progression.

Also you need to concentrate on depressing as well - it's hard to see if you are doing this when you aren't protracted enough.

Edit: spelling.

CTI

Thanks a lot guys for the critique I'm certain that my arms were not bent at all, however I'm going to take another two pics without my hips going above parallel.

Murray Truelove
CTI said:

Thanks a lot guys for the critique I'm certain that my arms were not bent at all, however I'm going to take another two pics without my hips going above parallel.

Sounds like a plan. You can test to see if your elbow is straight by getting into the tuck planche and take a photo with your feet still on the floor, then when you take the next photo you'll see if you maintain full elbow extension.

CTI

Okay I took the photos

 

First is the tuck planche i made sure that my elbows were straight and hips parallel and this is the maximum amount of protraction i can achieve whithout trying too hard

 

post-10103-0-98392900-1404223292_thumb.j

 

And here is my adv tuck I didn't open my legs too much to make sure that i stay parallel but still not sure if I'm completley parallel and also made sure that my arms were straight as per your advice Murray Truelove.

 

post-10103-0-23858000-1404223413_thumb.j

Murray Truelove

Elbows look good. I still don't think you're getting enough protraction. Here is an example I just Googled: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/bVd3I7F6SIE/maxresdefault.jpg

If you compare your photo with this one (just looking at the shoulders) you can see your shoulder blades stick out as you've lost protraction. You need to learn to protract and depress your shoulders to their maximum, practice in a plank (would be great if you could photograph yourself doing one).

CTI

Alright thanks a lot man will focus on my protraction and see if i can improve it, i already include planks and leans in my routine but it seems that i don't put much focus on my protraction.

Murray Truelove

Sounds good!