Shoulder Mobility and Prehab: Pole Extensions and Scarecrows

Started by Jason Stein, May 26, 2009 · 1 Replies · 2,842 Views

Jason Stein

Coach,

As I mentioned this weekend, here are those exercise from Rob Shaul's Mountain Athlete. I've had good results from incorporating the Pole Extensions into a shoulder circuit that also includes Wall Extensions and Dislocates, among a few others. These can be helpful prior to "Bridge" as well.

I don't have any personal experience with the efficacy of the Scarecrows, but they look interesting and (relatively) harmless, if anyone's having rotator-cuff issues.

best,

jason

PS: I hope there isn't any need to comment on the athletes' form, beyond to say that it might be greatly improved to enjoy greater benefits.

OxS3KWAbYlg

xlO-Kv-QeRY

Blairbob

Thanks. The first one is interesting.

I have tried the second one like a cuban press with a stick and it wasn't comfortable last year. It's probably fine now but I found a fixed stick vs small DB was way more painful ( probably because of how it makes one move ).