This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 - Wrist pain Afterwards

Started by mhodges, June 20, 2014 · 3 Replies · 169 Views

mhodges

I recently started HBP/PE3. This is actually my second time to start them. I previously thought i had mastered HBP/PE2 and moved on to HBP/PE3 and only later realized I had been flaring my elbows out in HBP/PE2 so I went back to mastered PE2. Anyway, After my first week of HBP/PE3, I have had no trouble doing HBP/PE3. I've been doing them finger tips forward, angled out 45 degrees. My wrists end being just below my bottom rib. When I'm doing the exercise I've had no problem, and I feel more solid than I ever did before when I did PPPU prior to foundation. However, after exercising my wrists ache. The only thing that has changed in my routine is advancing to HBP/PE3, and I'm leaning further forward than I ever have before. This leads me to think that while my muscles are capable of doing the movement my wrist joints are not ready. 

 

Also it should probably be noted that I'm just now starting planche leans.

 

Would I be better off backing off of HBP/PE3 completely and staying at HBP/PE2 until i've done a 12 week cycle of planche leans? Or should I just reduce the amount of lean in HBP/PE3 for now?

Alan Tseng

Have you tried not going not as far back with your wrist, spend a mini-cycle there, then go further back and restarting the entire mini-cycle?

mhodges

That was my first thought. In the past i wasn't leaning as far forward I didn't notice the same pain after working out. I will scale back. Thanks

SLY

Do you have Handstand 1? Use the wrist preperations as well.

 

And turn your wirst out finger pointing to the sides = less pressure on the wrists.