Tuck to advanced Tuck help

Started by quailquack, June 20, 2014 · 11 Replies · 2,008 Views

quailquack

Hey fellas

 

I've been following dragondoor to help me do planches. Their guide says 60 second tuck holds then you can start advanced tucks, but I can't even hold that position at all. Should I just focus on planche leaning for months and take tucks out of my workout? Sorry if this was asked before I used the search and didn't find specifics.

quailquack

I can get a video in a bit, but tuck to advance is most likely due to poor form than weaker shoulders?

quailquack

Ok I got one 

quailquack

Any input left?

Cody

That's not a tuck planche. ;)

 

Hips need to be level with your shoulders.

Pafke
quailquack said:

Ok I got one 

Dont lift yourself up to tuck planche, lean from standing position and just pick your legs up. And i think you should protract more. :)

quailquack
Cody said:

That's not a tuck planche. ;)

 

Hips need to be level with your shoulders.

I thought that was advance tuck?

 

At above the little protacting is due to little strength or my form? I can't really push it more

Cody
quailquack said:

I thought that was advance tuck?

 

At above the little protacting is due to little strength or my form? I can't really push it more

No, you're not even close to advanced tuck.

quailquack

I mean advance tuck was the thing he was describing. If I'm not tuck or advance tuck then what am I doing?

ajoOba
quailquack said:

I mean advance tuck was the thing he was describing. If I'm not tuck or advance tuck then what am I doing?

lol.

 

i would call it a low tuck planche, but actually it's not even close to a tuck planche as a tuck planche is much much harder then what you are doing and is the reason why you can'lt lift up your hips, because you lack strength/ or muscle activation.

 

read the dragondoor article of coach sommer again and look at the pictures there and try to imitate that and film yourself with a camera until your hips are at the same height as your shoulders. if you are hopelessly not progressing, buy foundation.

quailquack

Ok I'll give that a try right away.

Pafke
quailquack said:

I thought that was advance tuck?

 

At above the little protacting is due to little strength or my form? I can't really push it more

Its more like tucked then adv. tucked. You can protract more but not if you push yourself from ground to planche position. Protract as much as you can while you standing and then just tuck you knees and lean to tuck planche. And make sure that your hips are in lever with your shoulders. :)

2:40 - Listen what he says. :)