I have been on this iM for quite a while now, so when I realised I was getting close to mastery a few weeks ago I upped the intensity in order to finally claim mastery.
This involved striving to get hands to as close to shoulder-width as possible despite a significant level of discomfort - I attributed this discomfort to the increased intensity and didn't see it as a bad thing as it didn't necessarily feel like a bad type of pain, ie sharp, intense pain.
I would have also been incorporating some lightly weighted disclocates, one arm hangs ~ 3 times per week and also some shoulder stretching on top of that.
I'm now aware that while high intensity can work well for strength work it doesn't work as well for mobility work and I believe that all of the above may have led me to where I am at the moment - pain in my left shoulder in the position at the top of HS/PE1, and also pain in external rotation of the left shoulder.
I have stopped performing this iM for the last 4-5 weeks (along with a full 2 week hiatus on all F1 and H1 work) in order to allow it to heal. I have been working on deload intensity for the last 2-3 weeks, with no Handstand mobility work (headstands and wrist PEs are still OK).
My concern is that I have the Stroud seminar coming up and I would like to go into it injury free. What is the best way for me to proceed here?
Go see a physio and continue any non-painful movements?