I am talking about the average Level 9/10 female gymnast.
Where in Foundation would they be?
I would guess they could eventually do front+back lever, rope climb and single leg squats.
I bet they can hold tuck planches, but no straddle ones. What about advanced tuck planches?
And what about hollow back presses?
Of course there will be some talents who might do it and there will be some who can do none of those...but what about the average?
Where in Foundation would a L10 female gymnast be?
Started by misssunshine, June 17, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,902 Views
Average not sure. At woga which is an excellent gym girls have no really problem climbing rope and though I've never seen it I'm sure they can do single leg squat. I know a few have gone into manna and some say they have done straddle planche when they were younger.
Typically female gymnasts don't do as much handstand push-up type movements. But when they loose balance I have seen them pushup. Idk about hollowback.
As for rings I don't think front lever would be too bad for the strong ones. Not seen back lever.
Daniel Burnham said:Average not sure. At woga which is an excellent gym girls have no really problem climbing rope and though I've never seen it I'm sure they can do single leg squat. I know a few have gone into manna and some say they have done straddle planche when they were younger.
Typically female gymnasts don't do as much handstand push-up type movements. But when they loose balance I have seen them pushup. Idk about hollowback.
As for rings I don't think front lever would be too bad for the strong ones. Not seen back lever.
thanks for your answer! So you would say about Foundation 3? Plus tons of press handstands?
misssunshine said:thanks for your answer! So you would say about Foundation 3? Plus tons of press handstands?
In terms of what they can do immediately they would be spread through 2-4 depending on the element. Now remember that mobility is half the course. Where they would be in that depends in the gym. In excellent gyms would probably not find too much of the mobility a problem. While others may have some deficiencies
misssunshine said:I am talking about the average Level 9/10 female gymnast.
Where in Foundation would they be?
I would guess they could eventually do front+back lever, rope climb and single leg squats.
I bet they can hold tuck planches, but no straddle ones. What about advanced tuck planches?
And what about hollow back presses?
Personally, I would expect an average L10 gymnast to already be able to do tick tocks back and forth between FL & BL, RC & SLS. I would also expect press handstands, dips, HSPU and zillions of HLL.
I used to do HBP with our elite girls; but I believe that they were the exception rather than the rule.
Funny side note; in college I was once 'crushed' in an outdoor tumbling exhibition our team was at by a 10 year old girl who did roundoff backhandspring double pike - on the grass (her team was also there as a part of the exhbition). Who the hell does a double pike on panel mats on the grass?!? She also beat me in a straddle planche. I really didn't like that little girl that day. ![]()
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer