This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How do I integrate Handstand One with Foundation One?

Started by Cameron Williams (Suspect 001), June 17, 2014 · 6 Replies · 241 Views

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Hi there,

 

I'm just wondering how I integrate Handstand One with Foundation One, in terms of scheduling?

 

Do I go through Foundation One first and then move on to HS One? Or is there a good way to do them at the same time?

 

Any advice would be most appreciated :)

 

Cam

meras

You do your foundation work first and the you do your handstand work, simple as that.

Alan Tseng

Do F1 or H1 first, you decide order, otherwise do H1 on a separate day.  Depends on your recovery

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks guys.

 

Alan - I think I'll try doing H1 or s separate day. I was thinking F1 Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri, and then H1 on Wed.

 

Does that make sense? Or do you think that's too much to begin with?

 

Meras - is that how you did it - F1 and then H1? If so, how far along did you get in F1 before you began H1?

 

Thanks again!

codymc

I do H1 on separate days.

 

4x/week for F1 way be too much initially... it depends on your recovery ability. It's always better to start with less and work your way up if you're unsure. Right now I'm doing F1 4x/week and H1 2x/week, and this is fine for me - but I've been doing both programs for a few months (started both at the same time) and I'm pretty comfortable with this amount of volume. YMMV.

 

- Cody

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

Thanks Cody, that's very helpful :)

I'm already fairly fit and strong, so I think I can handle the workload... Although I've found almost everything so far to be much harder than I expected!

I think I'll try F1 4x / week and H1 once a week, and if it's too much I'll back off and do 3x / week and H1 once a week. That's good advice to not push too hard right out the chute.

What was your fitness level when you started?

codymc

You're welcome.

 

I was also fairly fit when I started. I boxed when I was in college (which wasn't very long ago - graduated in May), lifted weights, did various BW exercises, and have been doing martial arts my whole life. I thought I was a stud - until Foundation showed me otherwise... Anyway, when I was in school I was doing something like 2 workouts per day, 3x per week, with 1 day of total rest and 3 days each with 1 workout.

 

If you do find 4x/week to be too much, it seems like a lot of members are doing very well with 3x/week.

 

- Cody