This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

5x5 L-Pull Ups, how many Pull-Ups?

Started by katlinchen, June 16, 2014 · 2 Replies · 277 Views

katlinchen

I was wondering if you can do 5x5 of a harder exercise, how many reps can you do of the easier one in a row?

Let's say you mastered 5x5 L-Pull Ups. How many normal Pull-Ups can you do?
If you can do 5x5 L to V Leg Lifts, how many Full Leg Lifts will you be able to do? 
Same with single bar dips and normal dips...

I would guess at about 10-15, but I have no idea! I am just really curious about this.

Of course this won't be the same for everyone, but what is the average?

Keilani Gutierrez

hard to say. with the incorporation of hollow into my pullups, they went from 10-14 to 5-8. so it will depend on what kind of form you perform in your workout. my 10-14 was without hollow and with minimal dead hang, so really it will depend on how strict you are.

no real reason to worry about it though, where i think your pullup endurance would go way up is when you're working and done with rope climbs.

Duff

I haven't even mastered normal pullups to F standards yet and I can do 10 pullups in a row. Short rest times in Foundation definately help  with endurance.