This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2>iM problem (help)

Started by MrPuppeh, June 16, 2014 · 4 Replies · 201 Views

MrPuppeh

I did the iM but with the elbow pits facing out the entire time and I think i might have messed up my left elbow a bit.

 

Some days ago I read that the correct mobility is done with the elbow pits facing down, which I tried and cant even do 2x shoulder width will full ROM...

 

The rule was - If it causes pain then dont do it -  right ?

 

So I must rest from the iM exercise, but for how long approximately ?

 

Also if the correct version of the iM ( elbow pits facing down ) doesnt cause pain or irritation then its ok to do it ?

 

I hate when these things happen 

Murray Truelove

I don't worry about my elbow pits, so long as the arms are locked and you're not dislocating.

If you're not sure post a video here for review.

NoHiddenCosts

Sorry to hijack, I just want to confirm... Murray, how do you know if you are "dislocating"?

Keilani Gutierrez

if your elbows start turning the way you would to do a undergrip dislocate. (im6)

Murray Truelove
NoHiddenCosts said:

Sorry to hijack, I just want to confirm... Murray, how do you know if you are "dislocating"?

Try a few dislocates with the same grip, try and get a feel for the difference. For me I feel the extension in my triceps, a lot - I can tell when I start to dislocate as my shoulders start to roll and tension eases off my triceps.

I hope I've explained that right....