This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mixing SLS PE3 with IM2

Started by Blair Norwood, June 16, 2014 · 4 Replies · 117 Views

Blair Norwood

I'm currently on SLS PE4 and was wondering about doing a few sets of PE3 and the IM from PE2 after my main work sets. The reason for this is of the movements so far I found these to be the most difficult, PE3 was hard on my hips and ankles and I felt like it gave me more ROM, and the twisting squats seem to put a reasonable amount of strain on my knees to build up the joint.

 

The question I have is will this be ok to do 3-5 sets of 10 of this movement combination? Or is there a reason I'm not currently seeing that I should not do these two together?

RJS

My Good Man, usually the pe mastered previously is always done as a warm up.

So yes to the last question, elements should be done together, but usually not performed after your work for the day.

Such is my understanding.

Duff

Do them in your warmup. I wouldn't do more then one set though. I warm up with 10 deck squats, 10 cossacks or side-to-side squats(I switch between the two every week) and 10 reps of every mobility up to and including bridge curls. Its intense, but I can handle it and it doesn't leave me exhausted for the actual workout. 3-5 sets is a lot of volume and work that would be better spent mastering the next progression IMO.

Jon Douglas

If you've previously mastered it, 1*10 should be plenty to loosen it all up :)

Jon Douglas

(But if you want to do more AFTER your work sets then absolutely, more power to you)