So I'm brand new and since it's the top of the week I want to improve on my program. Currently weigh 135 and I want to get stronger and bigger. I read that the general metrics 5x5 is strength training and that 3x10 is for hypertrophy. Makes it sound like you can only get one or the other.
My current program was done on three days of the week where I did two different exercises on each day.
Monday: Closed Pushups 3x10 / Leg Raises (laying down) 3x35
Wednesday: Rows (using rings) 3x10 / Single Leg Squats 3x10
Friday: Bridge practice / Handstand (1min so far) trying to reach 2 before I start doing HSPU
I was thinking about buying Foundation 1 but I wasn't sure if it would help with hypertrophy as much as it would with strength. Also in Coach Sommer's book, he programs a full body workout on every day that there is training.
So I guess the question basically is I'm asking for help to improve this and make it better. Everything is still a little confusing to me so I'll probably need to have a dialogue to figure everything out. Hope somebody can help.