Yesterday I was at my friends house who has started foundation 1 and hs training course like 12 weeks ago. I did my 1st training after few mastered skills etc.. But my question is, if I am already doing freestanding handstands - though not perfect form, and plyometrics plus upper body strength, is it too much for my body too add foundation 1 and hs 1 trainings into it? I really liked the course so I would buy it my question can I add it parallel to my OACP, handstand, handstand press, and plyometrics training. Another question is why do I need to do headstands for handstand? I mean if I start only handstand 1 I will probably lose my shoulder strength while I am taking my weeks to master the headstand? Is it too much for my body to do the gmb courses early in the morning take 10 hours rest and do my training? Explanation pls.
Is it possible to make foundation 1 and hs 1 just an addition to your training?
Started by Neven Gerenčir, June 14, 2014 · 3 Replies · 3,469 Views
Headstand is one of the most basic beginner inversions and it gives an individual time to adjust to the sensations of being inverted before moving onto handstand and other more difficult inversions.
You won't lose shoulder strength, you will instead gain strength as long as you do the paired mobility exercises.
Sure you can add your f1/h1 training to your current routine. As you progress further into both courses expect to have your f1/h1 training take over some of if not all of your other training.
If you take weeks to master the headstand, then you needed to go back and do it. If you are doing handstands with improper form you will only cement that and never progress on your own. The only way forward is sometimes backwards. Build the proper mobility and strength and lines, then your present balancing skills will help you progress much more easily than those of us coming from baseline of nothing. You will not lose skills, I assure you.
thank you people, will buy it for sure. ![]()