This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pseudo Planche Pushup ! HBP PE3 !

Started by EDM, June 13, 2014 · 5 Replies · 517 Views

EDM

Guys,

I'm totally shocked.

 

After 6+ months practicing this element I've just realized that I've been doing it protracting the shoulders but not depressing!!! I was rather elevating them!!!

 

As soon as I started depressing, it felt totally different and way easier and I've doubled the reps (from 5x5 to 5x10) suddenly...

 

 

 

 

I believe this looks much better than all my attempt so far and I feel like I can easily increase lean and ROM still....

 

I don't know what else to say..... :facepalm:

 

Alessandro Mainente

I can confirm that, depression is a good habit, difficult to manage if you do not use it since the beginning!

Keegan

That's great that you finally noticed a form cue and noticed a subsequent improvement in form; I love when that happens. :-)

But, none of your PPP's had sufficient protraction as your scapulae are clearly sticking up above your body line at the top of all your reps. So, I would either decrease the lean until you can protract sufficiently and build up volume and lean gradually until you teach the proper degree of lean, or maybe try another set where you try to protract more (in case maybe it was just something you were not doing in the video you posted).

Good luck.

EDM

yeah, clearly it still needs some fine tuning, but at least I know what to do now!

PrimalMove

Any tips on depressing while coming forward? I seem to have this issue on hollow body pressing.

jaz

Try this : before pseudo planche, do a few PB support holds and depress at maximum. Memorize the movement and imitate it during PP