Amazing handbalancer on AGT

Started by Jukkaboy, June 12, 2014 · 11 Replies · 3,901 Views

pashamur

Haha, I started training handbalancing after watching FreE MaN some time ago (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3HdsfUQdzI). Probably my favorite handbalancer ever. He has amazing style and fluidity.

korija

good, seen better tough :D

Cole Dano

Andrey Moraru is perhaps technically the best handbalancer around today. I was really happy to see the positive reaction the panel and crowd gave his performance. 

 

He was nice enough to do an interview with myself and Yuval, I've posted both interviews here for anyone interested.

 

http://yoga-horizons.com

Micawberian

Heh, Cole, Andrey Moraru is perhaps technically the best handbalancer around today...in the western hemisphere! Somewhere, who knows where *cough* China *cough*, a gifted seven year-old girl is warming up with press to candle for reps...

 

Anyways, it's going to be cool to see how far Andrey goes. While I, and of course many others here at this forum, could watch his routines for hours on end, I can't help but think that handbalancing gets pretty boring to watch after a couple of times. To the average person who doesn't catch or care to understand the nuisances between positions like candle, straddle, figa, flag, planche, crocodile etc, etc...it all looks the same after a while.

 

I also wonder how many routines he has in his repertoire, and how varied they are. For example, he can do this free man routine which is very calm, flowing, relaxed. But, can he change it up and give the audiences something new? Can he display something exciting and "eye candy" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD17ONXmr08 and can he display something powerful and violent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmfaeTOeXWE. Or people will get bored.

palmcron

I'm wondering, his shoulders don't look protracted during the straddle planche he does. Is it artistic choice? What do you think?

MT Nordic
palmcron said:

I'm wondering, his shoulders don't look protracted during the straddle planche he does. Is it artistic choice? What do you think?

I just watched that segment in slow motion, they are indeed strongly protracted from what i can tell.

palmcron

Hm, rewatching it I have to agree they are protracted in the way that they are moved away from the spine.

What was (and still is!) irritating me is that the scapulae stick out in the back. Doesn't protraction involve a forward movement of the scapulae?

Micawberian

Yes it does involve a "forward" movement, or pulling the scapula apart. If you look at Andrey's youtube channel, his old stuff also shows a retracted planche and with bent arms. Guess he is not strong enough for it :\

NoHiddenCosts

"protraction" is the biggest buzzword to ever hit these forms!

Josh Vogel
Cole Dano said:

Andrey Moraru is perhaps technically the best handbalancer around today. I was really happy to see the positive reaction the panel and crowd gave his performance. 

 

He was nice enough to do an interview with myself and Yuval, I've posted both interviews here for anyone interested.

 

http://yoga-horizons.com

Very nice interview, thanks for sharing that! Do you have any more interviews planned with Hand balancers in the future?