This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Moving ahead with iM

Started by jules, June 12, 2014 · 6 Replies · 224 Views

jules

Hey Guys,

I just bought the foundation series and about to get started. :)

 

From a quick overview, my iM is much more advanced than my current levels of strength.

For instance  FL/PE1 will definitely need some work how ever the FL/PE1>iM  (cat/cow) has been a staple in my work up for a long time and by looking through I should probably be starting somewhere around PE5>iM for mobility.  Should I treat the iM 'testing' the same as the strength workout. If I show mastery of the iM one workout, then progress in the next iM following workout etc?

 

Thanks everyone :)

Murray Truelove

PE and IM progress together.

If you're at PE1 because your strength is holding you back then you do IM:1. If your strength is PE:5 but stuck on IM:1 then you do PE:1

RJS

Ditto Truelove.

As Coach would say "enjoy your flexibility as strength catches up"

Jon Douglas

After you've put in your reps for the day, feel free to do some harder bridge mobility work :) just keep the spotlight on the earlier ones

kingzlo

This is for SL/PE2>iM.  It's mentioned to perform 10 reps correctly.  My question is, Is it 5 reps clockwise and 5 reps counter clockwise to total 10 reps or is it 10 reps each?

 

I recently did it 10 reps each side and I feel I may be overdoing it as opposed to 5 reps each.

Murray Truelove
kingzlo said:

This is for SL/PE2>iM. It's mentioned to perform 10 reps correctly. My question is, Is it 5 reps clockwise and 5 reps counter clockwise to total 10 reps or is it 10 reps each?

I recently did it 10 reps each side and I feel I may be overdoing it as opposed to 5 reps each.

5 each direction I think is right.

jules

Thanks everyone :)