This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dislocate progression?

Started by kokoro1, June 10, 2014 · 4 Replies · 272 Views

kokoro1

At what point should I move past PE5 in freestanding handstand work? The strength part is there (or nearly there), but at what point do I "master" the mobility? Should I be at least shoulder width apart with a PVC? Or could I be slightly outside shoulder with a weighted bar? Is there a specific weight I should reach? Just wondering, because I feel like I could be at the dislocate mobility for nearly EVER.

Thanks!

Murray Truelove

Wrong forum but to answer your question dislocates are mastered with slightly wider than shoulder width.

thecolin

To be specific, mastery is shoulder width plus a hand width on either side. I think 5-10 pounds is mastery, but I'm not 100% sure. But even once you've mastered this iM, it's a good idea to keep it in your workout for the long term.

Joshua Slocum

Mastery should use a 5-10 lbs bar, at shoulder width plus one hand width on each side. 

kokoro1

Thanks for the help, guys!