This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical Pike Walk (MN/PE5 iM), althenative equipment

Started by Andrew Tan, June 10, 2014 · 5 Replies · 243 Views

Andrew Tan

Hi

 

I dont have a stall bar, does anyone know what other alternative equipment i can use?

meras

an anchored ladder?

Cole Dano

pvc tubing  + cargo strap - wrap around door is a possibility. 

MT Nordic

What i used until i got stall bars was the metal ladders ubiquitous at playgrounds.

Nathaniel Chan
Cole Dano said:

pvc tubing  + cargo strap - wrap around door is a possibility. 

I am curious; how would that set-up look like? I'm also currently looking for an alternative to the standard stall bar.

Cole Dano
Nathaniel Chan said:

I am curious; how would that set-up look like? I'm also currently looking for an alternative to the standard stall bar.

 

Just thread a pair of cargo straps / ring straps around the door with a pair of pvc handles. You might want to pad the edge of the door and buckles to prevent scratching the door. 

 

Thread both straps through both handles just to be extra sure nothing gives.

 

Adjust the height of the strap where you like it. and don't make it too tight since you want to easily grip the handles. Once you have weight on them, the strap should slide. It also stresses the straps less to have a bit of slack in the line.

 

To do the walks your hands would have to stay in place and walk the feet up and down the door instead.

 

I've never tried it myself, but its certainly cheap and easy to try.

 

Bodylasitcs makes something as well, but I've no idea if it would be strong enough for pike walks etc. You could run dowels through the web loops.

 

http://eu.bodylastics.com/product/ultraanchor/

 

It's a long term goal to come up with something like this purpose built for GB'ers use.