Ring Strength= ring Burn?

Started by Ryan Hutchins, May 22, 2009 · 4 Replies · 3,239 Views

Ryan Hutchins

I've been working MU's lately really trying to push the limit of my strength. I finally straightened out my body and only have the slightest of leans forward on my wide MU's. I also can do 2 MU's with no false grip which uses all of my determination and will. the only problem is that i have strap burn on my forearms. Is this just part of strength training? or do i need to wear a long sleeve shirt or something during ring training. The same thing happens when i do my planche training on the rings. :roll:

sasquatch

I think If you turn the rings so the palms are facing out you won't get ripped up as much.

Blairbob

This is because your forearm is coming in contact with the straps. You need to keep the rings turned out which is going to make that widearm MU and falsegrip-less MU that much harder because as you transition you will need to turn the rings out.

As for the planche training on rings, turn the rings out so your palm faces forward and your forearm will come clear of the straps. It also makes it friggin hard.

Ryan Hutchins

I see. i'm about to go try it right now. This cannot be easy. i just feel it.

5 minutes later

It wasn't. Wow was that harder. Not a lot harder. But harder. I'll have to work on that. Thx

Chris

You're doin' that wide-no-false-grip MU dymnamically with momentum of the pull and/or legs or slowly with pure, raw strenght? If it's the latter then I'd be more than obliged if you post a video of it.

Cheers,

Chris