This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Working out during the World Cup(not literally)

Started by El Chino, June 9, 2014 · 4 Replies · 147 Views

El Chino

So the 2014 Brazil Football(soccer to those of you Stateside) World Cup is almost upon us and being a big fan of international football tournaments I have to admit that my current training is going to be impacted quite a bit. Unfortunately I can't quit working as I need the income or this wouldn't be an issue.

 

Since I live in what geographically is known as the Middle East the time difference between here and South America is substantial with a lot of games being shown here at 1am. So I'll be up late a lot of nights but still waking early for work so I will have a big sleep deficit by the end of the month long tournament! :D

 

Now I don't want to completely quit but would like to put myself on a minimum maintenance phase. I was thinking of 2 approaches;

 

1. Doing my current deload week for a month long. Pretty easy. I love deload weeks! or,

2. Doing F7 once per week. Maybe I could still make snail pace gains on this one?

 

So which way would you guys go?

 

On a side note, anyone else making plans to adjust their training around the football?

I am a huge England fan btw and have been all my life. Watched every tournament since Italia 90 and have been dreaming ever since that we would go as far again! Am cautiously optimistic that the Three Lions are going to do much better than they did in South Africa 2010. Go England! :icon_biggrin:

 

 

 

LateStarter@46

I would integrate the two - every time a player dives, that's a FL PE; a penalty is MN; a goal is HBR; a yellow is SL...etc

Ronin168

if you love soccer that much, i would just do f7 once a week.

john_c
LateStarter@46 said:

I would integrate the two - every time a player dives, that's a FL PE; a penalty is MN; a goal is HBR; a yellow is SL...etc

You could get very good at FL ..... plateau breaking stuff !

El Chino
tfeal said:

You could get very good at FL ..... plateau breaking stuff !

LOL that would be something! I figure I could move up a few PEs by the time the tournament is done! :D